Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Grab-Bag o' Topics

From: brand@prag.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 18:01:30 PDT
Subject: Grab-Bag o' Topics
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Validated.

Mary_C._Tabasko@transarc.com writes:

> **** LOVE-HOUNDS T-SHIRT ***
>
> Yes! Yes! Count me in!!! Pleeeeeeeease!

I am interested in ordering a Kate T-shirt too!!

> **** "EAT THE MUSIC" US RELEASE DATA ****
>
> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) informs us:
> > Elton John song _Candle In The Wind_. This track has never before been
> > released in America.
>
> Is that true? I bought it on a 45, where it appeared as the B-side of
> Kate's version of "Rocket Man." (I never cared for "Rocket Man," even
> by Kate, but I did want to hear her do "Candle in the Wind.")

I could only find it as an import Kompact Disc.  Being the fanatic that I
am, I got both the 3" and 5" CD singles.

> **** "THE HAPPY WORKERS ****
> Cool song (from a cool movie). I'd love to find it somewhere, but I
> didn't see any indication that there was a soundtrack album released
> for _Toys_. Any one know anything about it?

Yes, there is a soundtrack album to the movie _Toys_.  The CD, (which I
purchased used for $8.99 US - HA!!), includes songs from Thomas Dolby :^>,
Grace Jones, Enya, Tori Amos, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and various other
artists.  It is produced by Trevor Horn, formerly of The Buggles (and
YES briefly), who has done some outstanding production work on many artists
albums.  IMHO, the music/soundtrack is better than the movie.  Even Robin
Williams couldn't save that one, (surreal, surreal, surreal, with poor
acting - ACK, OOP!!).  The soundtrack, however, is wonderful!  GET IT!!

> Ciao for now!
>   Kate (keeper of the litterboxes)

Litterboxes?!?  You MUST have multitudes of cats, (or run a pet shop).
Ciao!!

"I have never felt such pleasure. Nothing else seemed to matter." - KB
"So you can make me cum, that doesn't make you Jesus." - T Amos
B^^) B^^) * "...I've never been	  *   She brings us love
B-<  B-<  *     so happy to be    *      and deeper understanding.
B__) B__) *     alive..."  - KB	  *         - BB