Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@well.sf.ca.us
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1993 20:23:25 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: balliett@well.sf.ca.us (Allan Balliett)
Subject: SONY NEWSLETTER
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 03:23:22 GMT
Sender: news@well.sf.ca.us

Greetings Kate Karas!!!

Got the SONY newsletter.

This is what is says:

RED SHOES out OCT 5 in US/ Oct 4 in UK

RED SHOES video (orginal flick) is carried by BLOCKBUSTER

US CD to be available in 2 editions. The dlx edition ill have xtra artwork
and come in a material wrapped (tafetta - get it?) digi. The CD will be
FOUR COLORED (stock copy is TWO COLORED) The dlx will have either one or
two extra trx - but they may only be remix versions of existing trax (or
perhaps from Paddy's "lost album" :-)

There will also be a CD-sized color sticker of the cover art. It will have
the SAME CD bklt as the regular CD. Expect $3 more in cost at the pumps for
the delx.

There is no special pkg for the cassette.

The special edition of the CD is currently projected to be between 25 and
50 000 copies. (that's more than 1 per person on the IGG mailing list!!)

SONY expects that there will not be enough of the ltd CD to go around and
has no plans for a second pressing.

US CD-5 is scheduled for release Sept 7. Title: Eat the Music. TRAX: Eat
the Music/Extended remix/Big Stripey Lie (a lp trk)/Candle in the Wind
(This is NO joke!)

UK CD-5 will be Rubberband Girl and will be released on Sept 6. TRX:
Rubberband Girl/1 or 2 mixes of Rubberband Girl/Big Stripey Lie. There will
be a 12" (PD as far as I know!) and a 7" with PS

Good Luck, Shoppers!

-Allan

PS If anyone needs help finding a source for any of the above, I'd be glad
to recommend! ;-)
 .

?