Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: USENET News System <news@indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 14:55:30 -0500
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: mcjenkin@laguna.. (mcjenkin)
Subject: TKI covers (was Re:Kate, of course!)
Sender: news@usenet.ucs.indiana.edu (USENET News System)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 19:55:23 GMT

In article <m0oT4hK-000NjVC@zoodle.robin.de>  writes:
> > 10) Kate has four different album covers for one album (TKI).
>
> Wrong! Let's see:
>
> UK (kite/eyeball)
> USA (Kate in a box)
> Canada (Vogue-like)
> Japan (pink leotard)
> Yugoslavia (yet another picture, Kate in a white shirt, looking a bit to
the right)
> Uruguay (and another one, Kate's head looking straight into the camera)
> (stuff deleted)

(Uli has just given some vague descriptions of the various TKI covers (for
those of you just joining us...))
I'm curious about the different cover situation.  Why is it different in
each country for TKI and not for the other KT cd's?  Have most hardcore
gaffans seen all the aforementioned covers?  Is anyone collecting them?
Doesn't KaTe have any say over what cover is used?  Which seems to be the
most favored cover by fans in general?

I've seen the USA and Japanese covers and I like them both very much.  I'm
now trying to secure UK and Canadian copies but U.S. stores never import
copies of TKI since the dreaded countrywesterntammywynette covered US
TKI's are so readily available.  (run-on sentence?)  Are there any
Canadian or British readers out there who would like to trade TKI's?  If
so, get back to me and we can arrange something...

I understand that the "Kate-in-a-box" cover that we have here in the U.S.
is not pleasing to KaTe herself but it probably would be quite an
interesting novelty to own (unless of course, they're common in the U.K.
and Canada too...)

Kate Jenkins.