Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: **** MEET 100's OF WOMEN & MEN!

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 09:25 MET DST
Subject: Re: **** MEET 100's OF WOMEN & MEN!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>                         MAKE a LOVE connection NOW!
[...]

This seems to be an international bad habit. Not the advertising but the
sole existence of such phone numbers. Here in Europe (especially Germany?)
they do it a bit different. They have phone numbers somewhere in some very
distant area (south sea island or carribean island) and they do not get
payed directly by you but by the phone company that is on this foreign
island and that itself is payed by our German telekom. The worst thing
with these numbers (that are very expensive, about 2 US-$ per minute)
is that it's a very good excuse for the telekom if someone complains about
a obviously too high phone bill. Telekom always states 'You surely phoned
some sex-service on the Antilles, so you have to PAY! If not we cut your
line'. Even if the customer states 'no I didn't' and the bill is extremely
high (cases where there are thousands of DM on the monthly bill instead say
about 100 to 200 DM are not seldom heared of). Even worse is that everyone
outside the telekom believes that these phone bills are almost always due
to some untraceable technical error in the computers of the telekom.

Sorry about this rambling,

Uli