Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Tape

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 93 21:45:45 EDT
Subject: Re: Kate Tape
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>Laura Clifford writes:
>>What a nice bunch of goodies after that!  The Rocketman video is just great!
>>I love her 'conducting' the heavens.  The older videos from specials were
>>all interesting - I really liked the WH one.  The absolute best was the
>>Another Day duo with Peter Gabriel - wow.  And Chris Williams did a great
>>job on 'The Infant Kiss'.  Geez, Chris, how did you figure out those lip
>>syncs??  I can't believe all this stuff has been around so long and I'm just
>>seeing it now.

It's so wonderful to see all these nice comments about "The Infant Kiss"
video! Thank you! I'm impressed by it and love watching it, and I've
seen it hundreds of times. Thanks Laura, for mentioning the lip syncs,
because I too think Chris did a wonderful job in getting it to look as
if some of the voices are coming from the characters on the screen, such
as the "what is this" from the little boy, and the whispering, and
especially the screaming at the end.

>   Thanks, I'm glad you and others liked it. It was the first bit of
>video editing I ever did. I went to work the night the studio got the
>editing system, and I made a rough version. The process of making a
>version, bringing it home for Vickie and our friends to watch and
>critic (Vickie suggested several of the edits and did some actual
>editing on one of the earlier versions).

Yep, and it was so much fun! Chris did all the hard work and I was the
one who got to play and have a good time :-). Anyway, I suggested and
added the picture of the groundskeeper at the "Knock, knock, who's there"
part, and the boy at the fireplace warming his hands (can't remember
exactly where that is) and the close up of the boy (wearing a crown)
turning to look at her, at the "there's a man behind those eyes" part.
(I just had to tell y'all, because I'm pretty proud of those bits :-)).

Vickie (the not-so-humble)