Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Tape

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (Irgendwo in der Tiefe)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1993 23:20:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Tape
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

lcliffor@ccj.bbn.COM (Laura Frank Clifford) writes:

>Well I got my Kate tape in the mail yesterday so THANKS John Zimmer, Chris
>Williams and Jorn.

You're welcome; I was happy to be of help (and help myself to a submaster-
generation copy ;).

>Firstly, I was expecting some real schmarm from MoM after the way it's been
>described here and instead was pleasantly surprised.  I rather like this
>song after only one listen.  Certainly more so than Reaching Out.

Have to agree here too, this song is a real heart-tugger.

>What a nice bunch of goodies after that!  The Rocketman video is just great!
>I love her 'conducting' the heavens.  The older videos from specials were
>all interesting - I really liked the WH one.  The absolute best was the
>Another Day duo with Peter Gabriel - wow.  And Chris Williams did a great
>job on 'The Infant Kiss'.  Geez, Chris, how did you figure out those lip
>syncs??  I can't believe all this stuff has been around so long and I'm just
>seeing it now.

Isn't RM a kick?  Kate looks like she's having a great time, and looking
gosh-darned cute while doing it.  Somebody dropped the ball big time by
not releasing that video state-side.  And Chris' "Infant Kiss" piece
impressed the hell out of all of us at the little "Katemassdubbing" party
here.

>This was a terrific appetizer!  Now bring on the entree!

>Laura

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com