Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos?

From: jimd@SSD.intel.com (Jim DePorter)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1993 22:32:09 GMT
Subject: Re: Tori Amos?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@SSD.intel.com

brianr@cybernet.cse.fau.edu (Brian Robinson) writes:

>jimd@SSD.intel.com (Jim DePorter) writes:

>> Yea, I just bought the soundtrack to Toys and she's on it. In some places
>> it sounds like KB. It's a great album, I bought it after watching the
>> Toys video and enjoying the music as much or more then the actual video.
>> It has Peter Gabriel, Grace Jones, Tori Amos, Thomas Dolby, Frankie
>> Goes to Hollywood and "Steve and Yolanda".
>>
>	Similar to kate Bush?  I haven't heard anything by her... Maybe I'll
>try it out some time.  Is it Piano/Vocals?

She sings vocals on a high tech song called "The Happy Worker".  I would
be interested in knowing if she sings on any of the other tracks.
In the film they showed a woman singing "The Closing of the Year".
No idea who it was, but lots of nice vocal stuff.

I'd say the Toys soundtrack is a real eclectic listen.

jimd

			Joy is in our industry
			I love my job
			he loves his job