Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: An r.m.g peace-plan for Kate, on her 35th

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 93 15:11:50 PDT
Subject: Re: An r.m.g peace-plan for Kate, on her 35th
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jorn Barger does something for which a word has yet to be invented:
>It's not even *that* much to ask:  just, suppose we all agree to police
>ourselves to the extent of *labelling our flames* in our Subjectlines as
>"FLAME", so that one simple killfile entry will serve for all time, to
>spare the Tenderhearted from the Terrible?  { :^)

No fucking way.

This madness must end.

Stev0 and I are coming to the Chicago Katemas party, and we're
bringing guns.

OK, for all of you who are saying to yourselves, "yeah, he'd do it."
- forget it.  I'm not really like that (although Stev0 might be).

Anyway, seriously, for just a microsecond:

I'm not going to label my posts!  Not for all the rice wine in china.
(Why do I feel that this is going to explode into one of those PMRC
type campaigns?)  Besides, if you haven't figured it out yet, i'll let
you in on a little secret: you can always assume that anything with my
name attached to it is going to be sarcastic at best and wildly
inflammatory at worst.  My name in the From: line is all the labelling
you should need.

Maybe I'll adopt a rating system styled after the hugely successful
MPAA one...

G    - safe for all katefans.  not even one harsh word.
PG   - uses sarcasm, possibly irony, and maybe even a little denigration
PG13 - basically the same as PG, but might include some frontal nudity
R    - massive sarcasm & irony, harsh analogies, deprecating language,
       all out insults and 4 out of 7 words that you Can't Say On TV.
       possibly involves comparing someone to a nazi.
NC17 - only IED & |>oug could handle this level of intensity.  just
       killfile it instantly.

--
Jon Drukman                                      jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.