Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: brenta@microsoft.com
Date: Thu Jul 29 09:47:14 1993
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: brenta@microsoft.com (Brent Aliverti)
Subject: Re: Collectibles
Date: 29 Jul 93 16:47:04 GMT

In article <9307261925.AA21189@nettech1.nettech.com> dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?) writes:
>While we're kinda on the subject of KaTe Kollectibles...I recently picked up
>a Hounds of Love limited edition marbleized LP, still sealed and in pretty
>good shape. I paid $20 for it, and was wondering if it's worth more or less
>than that. I also have three The Kick Inside LPs (Japanese, British, and
>American covers). Someone told me there are four different covers. What's the
>fourth one look like? And, assuming I can find one, how much would a Big Sky
>picture disk cost me?

I picked mine up new in '87 or so for $7.99 or so (it was just mixed in with
the ususal Kate LP's).  The disk is beautiful.  I've noticed that the color
of the marbling is varied on the different ones I've seen.  I would describe
mine as lavendar, but I've seen some that are almost gray and some that are
more toward the pink side.  The last one I saw for sale was $40 (openned), so
if you got yours for $20 (sealed), you probably got a pretty good deal.  The
question is, should you open it so you can see what color it is, and how
wonderful it looks, or should you keep it sealed, preserving the value.  Tough
call.

Brent
                Brent Aliverti       brenta@microsoft.com