Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Collectibles

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: 28 Jul 1993 02:29:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Collectibles
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

brand@prag.com (Brand Burfield) writes:

> I have a copy of an american TKI with the EMI/Capitol Kate-in-a-box
> cover, but the HARVEST Kate-alog number etched, scratched out, and
> replaced with the EMI number, on the album center.  This was obviously
> issued during the transition stage when they had albums left over from
> the original pressing, but were (re)packaging them in the newer jackets.

More likely Capitol-EMI didn't want to bother cutting a new master, so
they just re-used the old Harvest masters after putting the appropriate
catalog number on 'em.  They certainly wouldn't have bothered taking
the records out of the old jackets, re-scratching a new number on them,
and repackaging them.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)