Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Collectibles

From: brand@prag.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 13:36:10 PDT
Subject: Collectibles
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Validated.

dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?) writes:
>While we're kinda on the subject of KaTe Kollectibles...I recently
>picked up a Hounds of Love limited edition marbleized LP, still
>sealed and in pretty good shape. I paid $20 for it, and was wondering
>if it's worth more or less than that.

I bought the marblized edition of HoL new when it was released for
about $12 (not much more than the black vinyl HoL).  I have since seen
it for between $20 and $25 in unsealed well-worn condition.  Since
it's an item you don't see every day, it sounds like you made a sKore
to me!  As for its worth, only you can judge that.

>I also have three The Kick Inside LPs (Japanese, British, and
>American covers). Someone told me there are four different covers.
>What's the fourth one look like?

There are TWO american covers.  The Harvest release (the earlier of
the two) has a close-up of Kate's face and hand(s).  IMHO, this is not
a very flattering cover. The second american release (EMI/Capitol?) is
the more commonly seen Kate-in-a-box one-leg-up cover.  Both have the
same back cover, but different Kate-alog numbers.

For true Kate maniacs like me, there is a FIFTH album configuration
that is a must, (well its PRETTY neat anyway :^) ).  I have a copy of
an american TKI with the EMI/Capitol Kate-in-a-box cover, but the
HARVEST Kate-alog number etched, scratched out, and replaced with the
EMI number, on the album center.  This was obviously issued during the
transition stage when they had albums left over from the original
pressing, but were (re)packaging them in the newer jackets.

>And, assuming I can find one, how much would a Big Sky picture disk
cost me?

I don't Know.... but as long as we're talking Kollectables, I have a
laminated stage pass to Kate's "Bill Duffield benefit concert".  I
would ASSUME that this is not a Kommon item, but I'm not sure.  Anyone
out there with any ideas?

"I have never felt such pleasure. Nothing else seemed to matter." - KB
"So you can make me cum, that doesn't make you Jesus." - T Amos
B^^) B^^) * "...I've never been	  *   She brings us love
B-<  B-<  *     so happy to be    *      and deeper understanding.
B__) B__) *     alive..."  - KB	  *         - BB