Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate was first choice to sing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 12:15:27 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate was first choice to sing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0oHqlN-000ilXC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>:
<In article <9307190322.AA01671@wente.llnl.gov>
<   This is the second film song that we know Kate turned down; she
<decided not to sing (I believe) "For Your Eyes Only" from the James
<Bond film of the same name.

I think it was "Moonraker".  I may be wrong, though.

<>Later it says that Kamen's scoring credits include "Brazil," which may
<>explain something.
<
<    *ED*! We're *shocked*! Michael Kamen was credited for "Orchestral
<Arrangments" on _Hounds of Love_.

How embarrasssing!  I THOUGHT the name sounded familiar.  I'm afraid
I haven't looked at the credits of _HoL_ in years.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov