Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate was first choice to sing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 03:40 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate was first choice to sing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9307190322.AA01671@wente.llnl.gov> you write:

>Well, I just came across a tidbit that I haven't seen mentioned here before.
>I'm sure you all know the Bryan Adams song from "Robin Hood: Prince of
>Thieves," the one called "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You."  I believe
>most readers of this newsgroup do not consider it one of their favorite
>songs.  Well, here's what it says in the latest edition of the Billboard
>Book of Number One Hits:

   This is the second film song that we know Kate turned down; she
decided not to sing (I believe) "For Your Eyes Only" from the James
Bond film of the same name.

>"'I felt it should be Marian's ballad rather than Robin's,' says Michael
>Kamen, who scored the film.  'I was interested to see if either Kate Bush
>or Annie Lennox wanted to do the song.  Kate didn't feel it was for her,
>after thinking about it for a while; Annie wanted to sing it in Olde
>English, and was busy making a record of her own.  So that didn't work
>out.'"
>
>Later it says that Kamen's scoring credits include "Brazil," which may
>explain something.

    *ED*! We're *shocked*! Michael Kamen was credited for "Orchestral
Arrangments" on _Hounds of Love_.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)