Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate was first choice to sing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 93 20:22:02 -0700
Subject: Kate was first choice to sing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Well, I just came across a tidbit that I haven't seen mentioned here before.
I'm sure you all know the Bryan Adams song from "Robin Hood: Prince of
Thieves," the one called "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You."  I believe
most readers of this newsgroup do not consider it one of their favorite
songs.  Well, here's what it says in the latest edition of the Billboard
Book of Number One Hits:

"'I felt it should be Marian's ballad rather than Robin's,' says Michael
Kamen, who scored the film.  'I was interested to see if either Kate Bush
or Annie Lennox wanted to do the song.  Kate didn't feel it was for her,
after thinking about it for a while; Annie wanted to sing it in Olde
English, and was busy making a record of her own.  So that didn't work
out.'"

Later it says that Kamen's scoring credits include "Brazil," which may
explain something.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov