Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Aspel video tape tree update

From: "Cynthia L. Loiselle" <LOISELLE%coins@CS.UMASS.EDU>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 93 23:09 EST
Subject: Aspel video tape tree update
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I'm sure many of you have been wondering, so here's an update on the Aspel
video tape tree.

First, it looks like the reward for everyone's patient waiting will be a
very sweet tape indeed!  Chris Williams is going to make a master tape
containing both the Aspel interview and "Moments of Pleasure" performance
plus the Rocketman video.  He's also said he can include the Christmas show
(with Peter Gabriel), and the Dutch TKI videos.  (Please excuse an editorial
"Yum! from your poster :-)   And there maybe a few more goodies if there's
space on the tape.

We've also located some better quality video equipment than mine, so I'm
relinquishing my role as "root" to Peter Manchester.  Other than that you
should notice no change in how things are set up.  If you've contacted
on of the "seven samurai" that Jorn listed to make a copy for you, that
person will likely still be your "parent."  Stay in touch with him or her to
work out any details about mailing tapes, etc.

As for the timeline, we will do everything we can to get tapes out in time
for any KaTemas celebrations happening (so if you're planning one, please
let us know so that we can plan accordingly.)  This will depend a little on
factors out of our hand such as the US Mail and a few folks' work schedules,
but we'll do our best to get copies out to those in the first level as soon
as possible.

And if I may be allowed a final editorial word in all this, although they
surely have their differences, and although they may not have directly
cooperated in this matter, *both* Jorn and Chris deserve our heartiest
thanks for getting this material distributed; Jorn for setting it up and
getting us all psyched about it in the first place, and Chris for providing
us with what promises to be a truly wonderful tape of new and rare KaTe
material!  I'm very grateful to you both.

I also want to say a word about tape trees -- there's no "competition"
involved and just because one tree is put forth it doesn't mean that others
can't be offered, even of the same material.  There may be someone signing up
for Love-Hounds later on who missed this opportunity, or maybe someone will
have a different set of filler. And of course new KaTefans might not have
all the wonderful video clips that some of us now take for granted.  I hope
that if this tree works out as successfully as it looks like it will (and
that will in turn depend on all of us aiming for as rapid a turnaround time
as possible), that we'll see more such trees orgainzed in the future.
(No commmercially available material included, of course, however.)

I'm still willing to field questions about this, so if anyone is unclear as
to how things are currently set up, feel free to contact me.  If you're
planning a KaTemas party and would like us to do what we can to get a copy
to you as soon as possible, contact Peter.  Our email addresses are below.

Thanks for your patience,

Cindy (Loiselle@cs.umass.edu)
Peter (pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu)