Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Michael Kamen 'n KaTe

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: 20 Jul 1993 12:01:45 GMT
Subject: Re: Michael Kamen 'n KaTe
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Jul20.100518.3188@wixer.bga.com> jzitt@wixer.bga.com (Joe Zitt) writes:

>Another link here: While Kamen has worked with almost everyone on
>earth... he collaborated with Eric Clapton on the "Lethal Weapon"
>soundtracks, so that may be where that Kate Konnection came from.

I thought about including that one, but figured that it was a "new"
connection--the first _Lethal Weapon_ came out long after _HoL_.

Note that _LW_ was actually a 3-way collaboration between Kamen, Clapton,
and David Sanborn.  Those three first worked together (so far as I know)
on Roger Waters' _The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking_.

Yeah, Kamen does seem to have worked with just about everyone these days,
including Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses (didn't he do "November Rain"?), and
Queensryche.

He released a rather cool album a couple of years ago called _Concerto for
Saxophone featuring David Sanborn_ (Warner Bros 9 26157-2) which includes
"Concerto for Sanborn and Orchestra" (~27min in 3 movements) and then
5 other pieces of a slightly rockier nature with guest spots by Ray
Cooper, Gilmour, and Clapton.

Jeff
(who was always rather fond of the arragements on _The Wall_)
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |