Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate albums

From: agough@sedona.intel.com (Andy Gough)
Date: 20 Jul 1993 18:53:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate albums
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9307200044.AA09176@dlsun87.us.oracle.com>, jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman) writes:
> Kenneth Bacso inquires:
> >Which Kate Bush album would be the best for a new listener to buy and why?
>
> The Dreaming.  Because it's the greatest album ever made.  It will
> undoubtedly freak out and shock many people who are unprepared for its
> genius, but that's just too darn bad.  Listen to it, love it, worship
> it and breathe in its all-holy vapors.  If it sounds "too weird", then
> listen to it again until it doesn't.  Repeat if necessary.
>
> TAKE NO PRISONERS.

The canonical response is "The Dreaming."  But Drukman doesn't state the case
stronly enough.
The Dreaming is not the greatest album, it's the ** ONLY ** album.  It's
existance denies the reality of all others.      **********

Regards,
Andy
--
Disclaimer:
     All views expressed are my own opinions, and not necessarily