Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds T-Shirt (?)

From: agough@sedona.intel.com (Andy Gough)
Date: 15 Jul 1993 03:03:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds T-Shirt (?)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Jul14.074728.14951@news.cs.indiana.edu>, mcjenkin@euler.ucs.indiana.EDU (mcjenkin) writes:
> .Let's all think about it and come up with our best ideas.  We'll
> post them, compile them, and then vote on them... then we can worry
> about the actual printing and coming up with the money...
>
> the rec.musicmakers.bass newsgroup (for bass players) has their own
> t-shirt which I think is a neat idea.  Their slogan on the shirt
> reads "The Global Electronic Bassline" or something like that...
>
> Kate Jenkins.

How about...a four-color silkscreen T-shirt (100% cotton)...

in which we have a 3D picture of a room (using 2D perspective drawing, of
course), in which there are multiple versions of Kate standing, sitting, and
lounging around.  For example:
	1. Kate cross-legged on the floor wearing the "Dunce" cap (SIYL)
	2. Kate standing outside a side window shooting a bow and arrow--the
	   RUTH pic
	3. A picture hanging on the wall of "The Whole Story" cover
	4. Kate standing in the back on the room in a pink leotard (the
	   promo poster for The Kick Inside)
	5. Kate leaning in from a doorway, soaking wet, and wearing a life
	   jacket (the Ninth Wave photo--whenever I look at it, I always think
	   that her arms are holding onto a pole, around which she's swinging)
	6. Page 3 of the Tour of Life program hanging as a picture on another
	   wall
	7. The back cover of "Lionheart" shown on the screen of a TV in the
	   room
	8. Kate knealing in the room, holding a silver sphere in which we see
	   her reflection in it (use the Sensual World "sand through the
	   fingers" photo, edit out the sand, put in sphere, raytrace in Kate).
	9. etc.

All done in photorealistic detail.  On the other side of the shirt we could
put something less complicated, like a giant "KT" symbol, or a large
photo (The Ninth Wave photo would get my vote).

Now, there's a constraint on this idea:  we need Chris Williams to do all of
the digital editing, composing, editing, raytracing, etc.--because he's a
professional net.computer.graphics.god and has the skills to do it.  This
would require a non-trivial amount of his free time.

We also need a T-shirt god, so we can find out what the resolution of the
silkscreening process is.

Well, that's my idea.  Any others out there?

Regards,
Andy
--
 Andy Gough                     |  Internet: agough@sedona.intel.com