Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe in ads

From: "Nathaniel R. Leas 08-Jul-1993 0937" <"tempe::leas"@randy.avnet.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1993 09:44:26 PDT
Subject: KaTe in ads
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>who said Seiko is the only company that managed to use Kate for promotional
>issues? Nope! There's another one. I've been sent a photocopy of a page of
>the German magazine 'Fono Forum', Nov. 79, and it contains an ad of SONY who
>promote their loudspeaker system SS-G 7. To test it they suggest to listen
>to 'Lionheart'...

    When I was in England last year, British Rail had posters with a
    picture of a young girl that didn't really look like Kate (I have
    Cathy, the book) though the text mentioned her.  I can't remember
    exactly what it said or what BR was trying to sell w/ the poster.

    Can any UK love-hounds describe this more accurately?

    Thanks,

    Rob