Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Saints and KB

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 93 10:05:44 PDT
Subject: Re: Saints and KB
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

[fletcher] writes:
>So, what do Kate Bush fans think of the Utah Saints?

i think they suck incredibly hard.

>What I'm wondering is if anybody knows why KB gave permission for the Saints
>to use that sample in their song.  I understand that she is very protective
>of her music and that she has never let anybody sample her before.  Why now?
>Why two wacky dj's from england? etc etc

possibilities:

- maybe she needed the cash
- maybe she liked the song
- maybe she was jealous of all the sampling of other artists (you'd be
surprised how cool some people think it is to be sampled.  pause for
anecdote: our award winning #1 single has already been sampled, and i
*love* the song that it got sampled into, so that's cool.)
- maybe she has some strange attraction to leeds, which is where the
utah saints are from, apparently.
- maybe she thought they were really cute

is it so hard to believe that she might have just really liked the
song?  i mean, i don't like it, but that's quite irrelevant.  i don't
like reaching out either, yet kate chose it to represent her art, so
what do i know?

--
Jon Drukman                                      jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.