Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Saints and KB

From: fms@athena.mit.edu (fletcher)
Date: 8 Jul 1993 16:18:52 GMT
Subject: Saints and KB
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

So, what do Kate Bush fans think of the Utah Saints?  I'm becoming quite a fan
of Kate Bush's after hearing the song Something Good and wondering just where
the cool sample came from.  I quite like the song Cloudbusting.

Anyway, it's hard to compare the two songs, Cloudbusting is a much better song
from a musical standpoint, but if you want to dance you have to go with
Something Good.

What I'm wondering is if anybody knows why KB gave permission for the Saints
to use that sample in their song.  I understand that she is very protective
of her music and that she has never let anybody sample her before.  Why now?
Why two wacky dj's from england? etc etc

Thanks

[fletcher]