Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe in ads

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 11:33:45 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTe in ads
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

>     When I was in England last year, British Rail had posters with a
>     picture of a young girl that didn't really look like Kate (I have
>     Cathy, the book) though the text mentioned her.  I can't remember
>     exactly what it said or what BR was trying to sell w/ the poster.

>     Can any UK love-hounds describe this more accurately?

I can try!

It was a picture of a girl, maybe 8 years old, with blonde hair and (if I
remember right) a green leotard with accesories to give the effect of a
bush. The main message said "Kate Bush branches out for L1." I think it was
a special offer for children travelling on BR.

I saw these posters in several different parts of the UK.

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /