Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gene Hadelman/John Zimmer

From: mmccall@emory.edu (Malinda McCall)
Date: 7 Jul 93 18:34:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Gene Hadelman/John Zimmer
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I find that my mother actually likes most of my music as long as I
don't tell her what the group is called. ;-)
So, I'll listen to Johnny Mathis and all that lot, like Nat King
Cole, and dig on them with her.
When it was my turn to play MY music, she was a lot more open to it
because I accepted hers. (Viva Tony Bennett???)
She has, though she doesn't know the artists, approved of Japan,
KB, Duran Duran, mellow Peter Gabriel, etcetera.
She, too, would not like "Violin", but then most GUYS I know find
the higher-pitched KB songs too much to take....
Current (today) favorite: Suspended in Gaffa.
Now, can anyone tell me what the Durans say on "Sing Blue Silver"?
(No, the muttered stuff. Drives me battso to this day.)

Mum's coming to visit me in August. Run away!! ;-P
Best, Malinda

@ Do not teach things you really do not know. Share your   @
@ self openly with others and teach only what you know     @
@ from your own experience. --Ni, Hua Ching                @