Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"All the love"

From: Kaia Kruus <kruus@utcc.utoronto.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1993 14:29:02 -0400
Subject: "All the love"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello there;
I tried posting this earlier today but I didn't seem to go
through so I am reposting it.  If this results in being a
double posting, I apologize, I am fairly new to the net and
not very skilled yet.

Personally, "All the love" made me more conscious of such
things such as death/not existing, what we leave behind, and
what we take for granted when we are alive and well.

The wisdom of KaTe became apparent when my mother, your typical
Lawrence Welk fan type of senior, sat down long enough to listen
to the song and state, through her tears "Isn't she right..."
KaTe's beautiful lyrics momentarely bridged our gaping generation
gap.
Unfortunately, Mom still screeches in pain every time she hears
"Violin"!
I think the song reaches us in that it personally made me appreciate
the people I love more, and increased my awareness that they will
not be around forever and should be appreciated more.

A bit simplist, I know, but when NfE came out, I was in my late teens
and hadn't thought about these things as realities, yet.  Who better
than KaTe to bring home a few truths?
--

 <-OO->
  |__|