Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Aspel interview & touring

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 15:44:52 BST
Subject: Aspel interview & touring
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

During the Aspel interview with Kate he raised the question of
why she had not toured since 1979. Kate replied with her usual
response about it being very hard physically but said absolutely
nothing new. Not even the slightest hint that she might be going
to tour again or that there were any plans to do a tour after the album
or to promote the album.

This strikes me as suggesting that there will be no tour from Kate in the
near future and the longer it goes on the more likely it seems that
she will never tour again.

Perhaps I am unduly pessimistic (and Aspel did not really press her on
the subject) but if she was really thinking of touring I would have
thought she would have said something. Maybe the loss of a number of
musicians/dancers close to her has made her change her mind since the
last convention?

Opinions?
	Neil

Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%uk.ac.rl.inf@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     nbc@uk.ac.rl.inf
England                              Tel: +44 235 44 5740  Fax: +44 235 44 5831