Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel interview & touring

From: nessus@media.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1993 16:45:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Aspel interview & touring
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <9306251444.AA23117@neil> nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk writes:

>   This strikes me as suggesting that there will be no tour from Kate in the
>   near future and the longer it goes on the more likely it seems that
>   she will never tour again.

>   Perhaps I am unduly pessimistic [...]

>   Opinions?

I've been saying for the last nine years that Kate will never tour
again.  In 1985 I even bet someone $100 that she wouldn't tour before
1990 (How can you lose a bet like this?  I never got my money though!)

This is not pessimism--this is realism.  Kate is continually saying
that there will be a tour in a year or two, and it never happens.
There is a pattern here.

Make yourself happy with her albums.  A tour is not in the cards.

|>oug

P.S.  (Make my day [year!] and prove me wrong.)