Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moments of Pleasure - first impressions

From: jeffo@uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson-Owens)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 18:31:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Moments of Pleasure - first impressions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jeffo@uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson-Owens)

chris williams writes:

>   Well ... yeah. The Kate you are used to hearing is available
>on CD.

Actually, all the comments I've made on this song are based on the
stuff in the song, not the recording media or fidelity.  I heard the
music and words just fine, I feel that it is not Kate Bush's best
work.

>   It's the spirtual heir to "Under The Ivy" and "Reaching Out." If
>you hate those two songs, do everyone a favor and don't download the
>sound file.

It's my comments on that song.  If you don't like what I'm posting,
stop reading it.

>   I don't know about anyone else, but the lyrics are not trite at all.

By your opinion (and perhaps those of others) yes, but they may come
off as trite to other people.  That doesn't make your opinion any more
or less valid than anyone elses.