Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: info on KB videos available?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 02:03 CDT
Subject: Re: info on KB videos available?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kate Jenkins askes:

>As I understand it, there are only two Kate Bush videos available in the
>United States - "The Whole Story" and "Live at Hammersmith Odeon."
>However, I've read that in Japan, there are several more.  There's one
>called "The Hair of the Hound" and I can't remember the names of the
>others off hand.  I'm thinking of having a couple of them imported for me
>but this will be a very expensive endeavour.  Does anyone have any
>information on them at all; I'd like to know what they contain before I
>shell out a lot of money.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   "The Hair of The Hound" contains nothing that isn't on "The Whole
Story." It's a compliation of the videos from _Hounds of Love_.

   "The Single File" was the first Kate video collection, and covers
_The Kick Inside_ to _The Dreaming_. It has a couple of videos not on
"The Whole Story" - _Them Heavy People_, _There Goes A Tenner_,
_Suspended In Gaffa and the original concept video to _Wow_.

    The track list for "The Single File"

    Wuthering Heights
    The Man With The Child In His Eyes
    Hammer Horror
    Wow
    Them Heavy People
    Breathing
    Babooshka
    Army Dreamers
    Sat In Your Lap
    The Dreaming
    Suspended In Gaffa
    There Goes A Tenner

   There is one you missed. "The Sensual World Of Kate Bush" should
still be possible to find, although I'm not sure if it's still in print.
It has all the videos from _The Sensual World_ and a really nice
interview between videos.

    It contains:

     Love And Anger
     The Sensual World
     This Woman's Work

>Also, I imagine that there are quite a few more available in the U.K.
>Does anyone know any details of this possibility.  Not that it would do me
>any good to know but I'm just curious.

   The UK uses a different video system called PAL. Video tapes from
the UK _cannot_ be played on North American VCRs. Special equipment
is used to change PAL to NTSC (the system used in NA). Japan uses
the NTSC system, so any tapes purchased in Japan _can_ be directly
played on NA VCRs.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)
                                   katefans@chinet.chinet.com (ours)

P. S. *Many Thanks* to all the UK fans for the yeoman service done
digitizing the music and images and transcribing the interview and
lyrics. We had recorded the song off the telephone, and had no idea
that everything would be done so quickly.