Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moments of Pleasure

From: yjc@po.cwru.edu (Jerome 'TofuSoft' Chan)
Date: 23 Jun 1993 04:55:40 GMT
Subject: Re: Moments of Pleasure
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <208ius$lqg@mickey.cc.utexas.edu>, bruceg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
(Bruce Gimble) wrote:

> To the guy who uploaded the mac version:  2 things.
> 1) how did you convert the au sound to mac?  What utility?  What machine?
>
> 2) why don't you try compressing the file with stuffit or compact pro and then
> binhexing it.  This should cut down on the size considerably.  Binhexed files
> are always unnecessarily large.  I don't know why.  It's just a terrible
> encoding scheme.
>
> Thanks for the upload.   If you get the size down, I might be able to
> download it (I'm runnign 2400 baud here, and I'm also not sure that my
> directory at school could handle 5 megs -- we're kinda restricted).
>
> Thanks again.
> ~.

I used ULaw 1.1 (FreeWare) on a MacII si. I don't know how long it took to
convert since I left the machine running while I went for class.

I only have 4 megs left so compressing the file is out of the question. I
just don't have the disk space. You could try ftping the 3 minute version
and perform the conversion yourself.

Does anyone know if KaTe has released the first single over in Britain?

---
 The Evil Tofu (Don't Shoot! I'm ignorant!)
 Case Western Reserve University,
 Cleveland, Ohio, USA.