Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moments of Pleasure

From: bruceg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Bruce Gimble)
Date: 22 Jun 1993 22:33:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Moments of Pleasure
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

To the guy who uploaded the mac version:  2 things.
1) how did you convert the au sound to mac?  What utility?  What machine?

2) why don't you try compressing the file with stuffit or compact pro and then
binhexing it.  This should cut down on the size considerably.  Binhexed files
are always unnecessarily large.  I don't know why.  It's just a terrible
encoding scheme.

Thanks for the upload.   If you get the size down, I might be able to
download it (I'm runnign 2400 baud here, and I'm also not sure that my
directory at school could handle 5 megs -- we're kinda restricted).

Thanks again.
~.