Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moments of Pleasure

From: jorn@chinet.chinet.com (Jorn Barger)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1993 23:06:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Moments of Pleasure
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

A fellow tofufan (i think) writes:
> [...] I've uploaded a
>binhexed Macintosh System 7 Sound File version of Moments5.au into the same
>directory. It's called moments5.hqx. It's about 4.5 Megs. I converted it
>using ULaw1.1. Don't ask me how it grew so big. :) Just double-click under
>System 7 and listen.

Jerome, I'd worry a bit about that mysterious swelling... ;^)  (My Ulaw'd
Moments3 is only 2Mb.)

The clarity is truly fantastical, tho, and KT's voice is in ****fine****
form!

This ain't Rocket's Tail, everyone should realize, the intensity is real
but in an *old fashioned* emotional way...

I risked the wrath of my sysadmin and ftpmailed it.  There's a much quicker
ftpmail service than the DEC one, but it will break moments3.au into *45*
messages.

Send the following message to BITFTP@pucc.Princeton.EDU [capitalization
not important]

ftp ftp.uu.net uuencode
cd  /tmp
ls -l  [so you can see if you named it wrong]
get [whichever version you want, some may be too large for this service]
quit

Thanks to Jerome for the help converting au to Mac!  I got my segments
somewhat scrambled, but it's still sheer bliss....

and it looks like i'm offering a video tape tree, in the next week or two.

**********A*L*S*O*************************************************************
astonishing old rumor, revived: some acquaintance i've now forgotten
exactly who, told me her *mother* is a Katefan and saw someone in an
American airport lounge who looked like Kate and claimed to be Kate's
*sister* if I remember aright (kate has no sister, of course).

Bosh! you shout in unison.  But where was the airport???

           (minneapolis!)

this is what i heard, maybe even a year ago... Minneapolis!

In the lyric, when was she in NYC?  Who might the Douglas Fairbanks figure be?

And did one of her brothers die?????????

And who's Michael?