Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Wizard of Speed and Time

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 93 14:59:07 PDT
Subject: The Wizard of Speed and Time
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi -

While everyone here is arguing whether Prince is an egotistical hack or an
egotistical hack with a very talented little finger, we're missing an important
point:  The end of the Kate Equation (discussed here a few of weeks ago), where
K = year of new Kate album, and l(n) = the number of years between the last
album, then K = l(n)+1.

If the new album is released next year, then the equation still stands.  If
released this year, we have two theories about what could happen:

The Maximized Entropy Theory:

Kate has decided that four years is the ideal length between albums; every
album will come out every four years (calculating the release dates of the
next 10 albums, with this theory, is trivial).

The Stephen Hawking Theory:

In "A Brief History of Time", Stephen Hawking said the Universe will expand to
a finite size, then eventually contract to the size of the singularity of the
original "Big Bang", hinting it would  start again ad infinitum.  Kate said
she admired Stephen Hawking, and is maybe using this theory to schedule her
next release dates:  i.e., the next album will be out in 3 years, then 2, THEN
A TOUR!!, then a two-year delay, then TWO ALBUMS IN ONE YEAR, then ANOTHER
TOUR!  I'll let those more mathematically insane than myself to calculate:
A) The release dates of the next 25 albums, and B) The years Kate will tour
between now and her 65th birthday.

- Stev0 the wizard

"I only chose Prince to be on my next album because Milli Vanilli weren't
returning my calls."
- The part edited out of Kate's Aspel interview