Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Prince ?? Oh, blegh...

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 93 14:41:26 GMT
Subject: Re: Prince ?? Oh, blegh...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <J6aa6B1w165w@netlink.cts.com> patrickm@netlink.cts.COM (Patrick McKinnion) writes:
>  Next, well, okay, I can see Eric Clapton & The Trio Bulgarka.    Jeff
>Beck, well I'm not that familar w/ his work, so I'll reserve comment.
>But PRINCE !!!!   YUCK !  EWWW !!!   BLEGH !!  FEH !!!!     That
>no-talented excuse for a performer is, (in my opinion), unfit to breath
>the same air as Kate, much less BE ON THE SAME ALBUM !!!    My joy about
>the new album is tempered by the digust I feel at the the thought that
>this overrated poser will be on it.   I don't usually question Kate's
>musical judgement, but I really have to express a major amount of
>disappointment at this news.   Hopefully he'll be kept on a short leash,
>and his appearence on the new album will be very limited.     All I've
>heard of prince's, (or whatever bloody symbol he wants to call himself),
>"music", makes me think of him as a textbook example of what's wrong w/
>the american music industry.

It's good to see that gaffa is STILL the bastion of fairness and sensibility
that it used to be.  Of course you have probably judged Prince on what
you see/hear in the media rather than any merits the man has of his own.
But hey, why give him a chance when it's obvious he's just a lame-o
poser.

Never mind that he's written some of the best songs of the last 15 years,
done some incredible production work, and probably has more musical
chops in his right hand than you have in your whole body; since you
don't like any of it, it's obviously worthless trash.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                           NO SMOKING.  NO SPITTING.