Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Prince ?? Oh, blegh...

From: Patrick McKinnion <patrickm@netlink.cts.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 93 03:32:54 PDT
Subject: Prince ?? Oh, blegh...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

  People,
  Since my first message on the topic didn't seem to show up, let's try
again.

  First off, a new Kate Album....... YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!!
Finally !!   Yay ! Yippy !!   (Some wouldn't happen to know the UK & US
release dates, would they ??

  Next, well, okay, I can see Eric Clapton & The Trio Bulgarka.    Jeff
Beck, well I'm not that familar w/ his work, so I'll reserve comment.
But PRINCE !!!!   YUCK !  EWWW !!!   BLEGH !!  FEH !!!!     That
no-talented excuse for a performer is, (in my opinion), unfit to breath
the same air as Kate, much less BE ON THE SAME ALBUM !!!    My joy about
the new album is tempered by the digust I feel at the the thought that
this overrated poser will be on it.   I don't usually question Kate's
musical judgement, but I really have to express a major amount of
disappointment at this news.   Hopefully he'll be kept on a short leash,
and his appearence on the new album will be very limited.     All I've
heard of prince's, (or whatever bloody symbol he wants to call himself),
"music", makes me think of him as a textbook example of what's wrong w/
the american music industry.
   Sigh....good news, and bad news.
    - Patrick McKinnion

--