Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate's special guests

From: dbk@ltpsun.gsfc.nasa.gov (Dan Kozak)
Date: 17 Jun 1993 14:23:27 GMT
Subject: Re: kate's special guests
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <C8r20J.7u8@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu> mojzes@tiger.vill.edu (brni) writes:
> no matter how boring clapton has been of late

Or rather how boring his _material_ has been for going on twenty years
now.  He's a great guitarist, but his songwriting and/or choice of
outside material has been pretty weak since, say, Cream. :-)

> one must admit that he is a tasteful guitarist (with the exception of
> the solo at the end of "layla")

If you're refering to the boring, pointless slide noodling, it's not
Clapton, it's Duane Allman (who I've liked in other contexts, but not
here).

--
Dan Kozak (dbk@ltpsun.gsfc.nasa.gov)