Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kate's special guests

From: mojzes@tiger.vill.edu (brni)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1993 05:02:43 GMT
Subject: kate's special guests
Expires: Thu, 17 Jun 1993 04:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu

hi ho,

just doing a little more thinking about this special guest thing.

no matter how boring clapton has been of late, one must admit that
he is a tasteful guitarist (with the exception of the solo at the
end of "layla"), and jeff beck has played so many styles of music
that he's sure to have that studio musician's ability to adapt to
kate's style, rather than forcing his style on her.

i think there are 2 possible scenarios with that prince fellow.
one is that he's so amazed with kate that he thinks that it would
be the high point of his musical career to do everything that kate
tells him to.  this is, i think, what is most likely.  the other
scenario is that his ego gets in the way, and he tries to overshadow
kate (an impossible task--we could then rename him don quixote).
this would be sad.  even my rabbit agrees.

brni