Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ALBUM NEWSFLASH!

From: msubu@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Mr E D G Robertson)
Date: 15 Jun 1993 21:24:15 +0100
Subject: Re: ALBUM NEWSFLASH!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <40.142597.700.0CE159FD@channel1.com>, eric.walker@channel1.com (Eric Walker) writes:

|> >BTW, the old Technicolor process created three negatives--red, green,
|> >and blue. [I believe these were created by shooting black & white
|> >film through red, green, and blue filters in the camera]
|>
|> Actually, the three colors used in the three-color process were red,
|> blue and YELLOW - the three basic colors.  The other colors came from
|> combinations of the three basics, i.e. blue + yellow = green.  (Those
|> art classes in second grade finally came in handy!)

	Sorry, but that doesn't sound quite right to me. While red, blue, and
yellow are indeed the primary colours in media such as paint, or whatever, in
LIGHT, the primaries are Red, Green, and Blue.. (cf: a `RGB' monitor).  If I
recall correctly, yellow is a red-green mix.

	Cheers.

E.Robertson - `Xolf' - msubu@csv.warwick.ac.uk