Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ALBUM NEWSFLASH!

From: eric.walker@channel1.com (Eric Walker)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 05:32:00 -0500
Subject: Re: ALBUM NEWSFLASH!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

CW>Wuthering Heights was based on a TV movie,

TV MOVIE?!?  You mean you've never seen the 1939 classic with Laurence
Olivier, David Niven, and Merle Oberon?!?

>BTW, the old Technicolor process created three negatives--red, green,
>and blue. [I believe these were created by shooting black & white
>film through red, green, and blue filters in the camera]

Actually, the three colors used in the three-color process were red,
blue and YELLOW - the three basic colors.  The other colors came from
combinations of the three basics, i.e. blue + yellow = green.  (Those
art classes in second grade finally came in handy!)

>The first Technicolor film was Gone With The Wind.

Watch Errol Flynn in THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD (made a year before
GWTW) and say that.  :)  The first film in "true" Technicolor was
actually a cartoon, Walt Disney's FLOWERS AND TREES.  The first film
to be credited as a feature-length live-action motion picture in
Technicolor is a 1935 movie called BECKY SHARP.

OBKate: This talk about the new album certainly displays the truth
of that humourous statement of last week: "Kate Fans Have Mass
Orgasm."  :)

And before we dismiss Jeff Beck, listen to his work on Roger Waters'
superb album "Amused To Death."  Since Waters and Gilmour apparently
can't be in the same room together, Waters turned to Beck for that
Floydish sound.  He does a terrific job on that guitar.
---
 ~ OLX 2.1 TD ~ "We're not homophobic - we just want THEM away from US."