Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions, questions

From: jorn@chinet.chinet.com (Jorn Barger)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1993 06:01:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Questions, questions
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Phil Smy asked:
> 2) Is the KT server still alive? I logged on this week and the latest
> info seemed to be from Aug '92. I would love a concise discography. The
> discography files available seem to be rather rambling and don't have the
> nitty gritty: Release title, date, label, length, contents, comments.

Chris replies:
>    It's still alive, but less accessable than before. It's nice that
> love-hounds is on one of the most well-known sites on the net, but
> I'd prefer that ftp.uwp.edu be the "official" Kate archive.

(Why this preference?  How "less accessible"?)

>    The main reason for the lack of new info is due to several of the
> most knowlegeable Love-Hounds (IED, Ed, Ron Hill) having limited
> Net access. That and the prolonged space between albums, and (no
> offence intended) the same questions being asked again and again.
> This will change when the new album comes out.

Hmmmm...  I assume the Digests are getting archived as usual, yes?  So the
questioner must be asking why we don't have our s*** together wrt standard
references like discographies?  It's surely valid to protest that just
because various leaders-of-the-past are elsewhere occupied, that shouldn't
stop new blood from doing the best they can, carrying on carrying on! (Go
for it, Phil?)

Nor does the lack of new stimuli from Herself Herself excuse the parkinglot
atmosphere, if you ask me... Speaking for myself, I'd speculate a much more
serious problem is the breakdown of LoveHounds' sense of community
responsibility...

(you gotta squint at this just right:)
((&((((((&(((((((@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((@
(((&(&(&(&(&(((&@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@((((((((((((((((((((((((((@