Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions, questions

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 30 May 93 16:53 CDT
Subject: Re: Questions, questions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Hi. I have a few questions:
>
>1) Does anyone know a good source for KB bootlegs on CD? I have found a
>copy of the Paris '79 bootleg here in Toronto on disc, but I'd be happier
>if I can get it on CD. What about other bootlegs?

   Can you find Goldmine magazine? Recent boots can be found in some of
the ads. Kate collectable prices are far out of proportion to actual
rarity due to the activity of a certain dealer, but this is probably
as good a time to buy, before the next album is released (when?!?) and
the prices are pushed even further.

   BTW, try to get someone to *tape* the bootlegs for you. Why continue
to support the bootleggers? No bootleg yet has had audio quality
deserving of the CD format.

>2) Is the KB server still alive? I logged on this week and the latest info
>seemed to be from Aug '92. I would love a concise discography. The
>discography files available seem to be rather rambling and don't have the
>nitty gritty:
>Release title, date, label, length, contents, comments.

   It's sill alive, but less accessable than before. It's nice that
love-hounds is on one of the most well-known sites on the net, but
I'd prefer that ftp.uwp.edu be the "official" Kate archive.

   The main reason for the lack of new info is due to several of the
most knowlegeable Love-Hounds (IED, Ed, Ron Hill) having limited
Net access. That and the prolonged space between album, and (no
offence intended) the same questions being asked again and again.
This will change when the new album comes out.

   There is a a pretty good "Illustrated Collector's Guide to Kate Bush"
by Robert Godwin that lists almost everything.

   Uli seems to be keeping the discography updated. Perhaps he will
upload it?

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)