Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sad-songstress

From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 May 93 14:27:33 EDT
Subject: sad-songstress
To: <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

> Why can't Kate make some such songs with some sad content?
> Her songs are almost always 'out in the space' as it were.
> I mean they doesn't speak directly. (Of course I have nothing to
> say about how Kate Bush performs her miracles, it only that
> it is something I miss from her songs.) Am I alone in this?

Army Dreamers?  Breathing?  Mother Stands for Comfort?
Empty Bullring?  Blow Away?  All the Love?  Never Be Mine?

These certainly qualify as sad in my book, though that's probably
not the first adjective that comes to my mind when I think
of them.  If you're really into sad songs, check out the new
Aimee Mann album "Whatever."  Brilliant stuff, but I wish
she'd write a couple of happy tunes once in a while just to mix
it up.

-mjm