Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tasman Archer

From: hessel@soc.umn.edu (Denise Hesselton)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1993 18:36:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Tasman Archer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news2.cis.umn.edu (Usenet News Administration)

In article <9305201730.AA01541@wente.llnl.gov> ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes:
>I think Tasmin Archer's album (note the spelling) is really good.  I
>too was impressed with her song, "Sleeping Satellite", so I bought
>her album.  The video for that song is on "Buzz Bin" rotation on
>MTV, so I've caught it a couple of times.  It's quite interesting.

I just bought the CD last night (used -- buying new CDs is too expensive!),
and, after a couple of listens, I think I like it.  My initial impressions
are that "Sleeping Satellite" is by far the best song, but there are a few
others on it that are worth listening to as well.  I don't think I would've
been as happy with it if I'd paid full price for the CD, though.

Anyone else out there who noticed how much Tasmin sounds like Aimee Mann?

---
Denise Hesselton                                 Internet:  hessel@soc.umn.edu

       "Insanity:  a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."

	 					-- R. D. Laing