Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wuthering Heights movie on 3sat

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 18 May 93 12:09 MET DST
Subject: Re: Wuthering Heights movie on 3sat
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Quenby:
> [me:]
> >TV channel 3sat is going to broadcast

> >   Stuermische Hoehen           (German version of Wuthering Heights)
>

> >It's the old version from 1939 with Laurence Olivier as Heathcliff and
> >Vivian Leigh as Cathy.
>

> This is wishful thinking.;-) As much as I would love to see Vivien Leigh
> in this role, Wuthering Heights starred Merle Oberon as Cathy. If you look

> at the date, you will see that it is the same as Gone With the Wind...Vivien
> Leigh's big role.

> [...]

Ok, don't blame me, blame TV Spielfilm, the TV magazine I got this 'info'
from. They write "[...] Heathcliff (L. Olivier) [...] Cathy (V. Leigh) [...]",
have a picture subtitled "Laurence Olivier, Vivien Leigh", and list the
main actors as "Laurence Olivier, Merle Oberon". I didn't know better as
to decide that the majority has to win. Hoerzu (another TV magazine) has
it better: no V. Leigh in it...

Bye,

Uli