Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more on my reasons for asking about kate's sexuality...

From: bdodge08@ursa.Calvin.EDU (Brian Dodge)
Date: Sat, 15 May 1993 00:07:44 GMT
Subject: more on my reasons for asking about kate's sexuality...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@Calvin.EDU (The Annoying News Pseudo-User)

to the person (chris) who answered my post about kate's sexual orientation.

1. no, i did not NEED to know this information. i am well aware of kate's
acceptance, views, tolerance of homosexuality. it would not add or take
away from anything i thought of kate and her music. i was merely curious
as i am trying (yes, you can crucify me - i am in my "larval" first year
or two of worshipping kate) to get a total feel for the person i respect,
admire, and cherish so deeply. i realize that kate has not made her sexuality
a public issue. that is *wonderful*. she is almost the anti-madonna in that
respect. however, i don't think i should be nailed for merely asking what
other fans thought of a topic that is *very* relevant to kate and her music.

2. i resent the insinuation that i am some kind of *hetboy* who gets off on
fantasies about *hot bi babes*. whether kate was bisexual or not would also
not add or take away from the attraction i feel for her. it scares me that
by merely asking other fans what they thought on this topic, i could be made
out to be someone who sought kate out as a hot item and needed more fuel to
keep my lust burning for her. this is simply untrue. my love for her runs
quite a bit deeper.

maybe that was a bad first post. i have been reading "gaffa" and "love-hounds"
for quite some time without interjecting. the thought for today's post merely
came out because it was something that crossed my mind. when i asked about
the issue of bisexuality as it pertains to kate, i was *not* in the market
to get dirty gossip on kate, get new masturbational fantasies, or get ANY
kind of information except that which would lead me to a "deeper understanding"
of kate bush.

thank you and have a nice day. brian.
--
"freedom - that is when eveything and everybody agrees with me, but in that
 case, i wouldn't exist, because none of us has any sense of himself