Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Caterwaul

From: nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Mon, 03 May 1993 16:39:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Caterwaul
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: U15289@UICVM.UIC.EDU.neile@u.washington.edu

dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov (Ed Dambik) writes:

> In article <J0ZR3B1w165w@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>, nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N.
> >
> > We recently got a merchandise catalog from IRS records.   On one page
> > they have a listing of cut-outs that they're clearing out for $5 each.
> > One of those listed is Caterwaul's _Portent Hue_.
>
> I don't have my tapes handy -- which album has the Mana and Sigh???
> or-Something-and-Other <jeez, my memory is SHOT!> song?

"Manna and Quail" is on _Portent Hue_.

> Well, THAT explains why I could only find them in the used record
> shops. I thought that maybe they'd gone vactioning too close to
> the Bermuda Triangle or something. It's almost like they never
> existed...

Craig Russell emailed to say that a local station played some demos
that Caterwaul had been circulating to record companies.  Unfortunately
The DJ also said that the band had broken up with no plans to reform!!

Aiiee!! Somebody say it isn't so!!

> > your local cut-out bin but at least you'll finally have _Portent
> > Hue_, the music that doesn't get soggy in milk.
>
> Post it!  Anything ELSE good in that cut-out list too?!!!!

In fact there is at least one other CD that might be of interest to
Love-Hounds, Roy Harper's _Once_.

The order numbers are:

	Caterwaul    Portent Hue    13030
	Roy Harper   Once           1307

You can order these at 1-800-336-2IRS if you have VISA or Master Card.

You can also mail an order to:

IRS Merchandising
3939 Lankershim Blvd.
Universal City, CA.  91604

The CDs are $5 each, add $3.75 P&H for the first item, $.75 for each
additional item.  California residents add 8.25% sales tax.  You may
want to reference their Spring '93 Merchandising catalog.

By the time you add P&H it's not exactly a huge bargain, but if you
can't find these anywhere else it's well worth it.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US