Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Box Set

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Mon, 3 May 1993 05:26:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Box Set
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"Scott T. Lillis" <sl4q+@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>I saw a box set titled 'This Woman's Work' (so it must be somewhat
>recent) with that's a chinese import.  It had 8cd's(6 of which were
>titled with chinese writing and the other two were called Volume I &
>II).  It was $160 roughly.  Anyone know about
>this(material,time-span,sound quality, etc.)?
>Scott

This would be the *Japanese* import of the 1990 box set, an official
EMI release, covering all 12 years of her career up to that point.  I
think there are differences in the booklet (besides the Japanese text),
I'm not sure -- mine is the British version.  Sound quality should also
be professional standard -- the first 6 cd's are her albums (The Kick
Inside, Lionheart, Never For Ever, The Dreaming, Hounds of Love, and The
Sensual World), Volumes I & II are rarities discs containing non-album
b-sides and remixes.

Now you just have to decide whether it's worth $160 to you or not.

John Zimmer