Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: How 'bout we try talking to each other?

From: jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1993 12:38:48 GMT
Subject: Re: How 'bout we try talking to each other?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jeffy denies:
>I came out viciously against your crossposting warmroom stuff to Ecto.
>It seems that even a year later you still don't get it.  Somehow, this is
>not surprising.

No, you liar, you came out against the idea of another warm, cozy mailing
list.

>[examples of naughty things I wrote which are apparently still making Jorn's
>life a living hell mostly deleted]

Thanks for your caring concern.

>>>"Jorn... is trying to forcibly create a friendly space..."
>
>You deny this?  Weren't you saying "Be nice 'n friendly on warmroom or I'll
>kick you out, and I am sole arbiter of who is nice 'n friendly."

No comment.

Jeffy throws caution to the winds:
>Look, fool, anyone who knows me can tell you that I *don't* need to hide
>behind anonymous e-mail.  If I have something to say, I say it, with my
>name in the header, my name and the bottom, and my .signature at the end.
>While I recognize that some people have the need to take advantage of
>anonymous posting services for various reasons, I'm not one of them.  I
>have nothing to hide and I stand behind what I say.  In fact, this is the
>first time I've written anything addressed toward you since my very first
>(and quite cordial, I'll add) response to your original 'vibes' posting.
>You're welcome to think otherwise; you're also welcome to be wrong.

Since Vickie (and, presumably Chris) choose to back Jeffy up on this
question, I'll lay out the stylistic arguments:

Category One: Underlining style BOTH *asterisks* and _underscores_
(this is unique to Jeffy, in my experience)
-----