Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: How 'bout we try talking to each other?

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 93 07:34:39 -0400
Subject: Re: How 'bout we try talking to each other?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jorn rants:

>But then a *really scary* thing happened.  One member of Ecto in particular
>came out viciously against the idea, saying:

BZZT.

I came out viciously against your crossposting warmroom stuff to Ecto.
It seems that even a year later you still don't get it.  Somehow, this is
not surprising.

[examples of naughty things I wrote which are apparently still making Jorn's
life a living hell mostly deleted]

>>"Jorn... is trying to forcibly create a friendly space..."

You deny this?  Weren't you saying "Be nice 'n friendly on warmroom or I'll
kick you out, and I am sole arbiter of who is nice 'n friendly."

>>"I've refrained from commenting on this whole issue as it's blown up in
>>gaffa, but when Jorn decided to share his little "golden" image with us,
>>I couldn't handle it anymore."

Is there a problem with this?  Once again, this was in response to your
echoing warmroom posts to Ecto, where they didn't belong.

>And ended chillingly:
>
>"It is, however, refreshing to know that even if a bunch of you are put out
>by my feelings on this, I have no fear of repercussions even should you
>approach Jessica with your complaints."

This is chilling?  I knew Jessica wouldn't remove me from the mailing list.
I know Bill won't stop my posts from propagating through Love-Hounds.  By
your own policy, if you'd posted some of the drivel we've seen here to
warmroom, you would have had to delete yourself from that mailing list.

The repercussions I mention deal *strictly* with mailing list management
and not with and feedback I might get from other readers of the list.  If
enough people (hell, if *any* people) had written to me and flamed me
for being so rude to you, I would have considered an apology.  The peer
group apparently decided I didn't need censuring.

>And now a year later the whole "warm fuzzy" concept is made a travesty
>by the spectacle of battalions of Ecto-*creeps* buzz-bombing Jorn and
>trying to *drown him out*, sending 200-line pseudo-anonymous libelous
>hate mail, that reveals very clearly to *this* eye that Jeffy has an
>envy-complex on the scale of the Grand Canyon.... and Ecto unites
>behind *Jeffy*???

I *love* it!  This needs to be framed and mounted on the wall!

I AM THE ANTICHRIST!  I lead my legion of EctoDemons in the fight against
all that is good--the angels in flight for the Good Witch Jorn.

Look, fool, anyone who knows me can tell you that I *don't* need to hide
behind anonymous e-mail.  If I have something to say, I say it, with my
name in the header, my name and the bottom, and my .signature at the end.
While I recognize that some people have the need to take advantage of
anonymous posting services for various reasons, I'm not one of them.  I
have nothing to hide and I stand behind what I say.  In fact, this is the
first time I've written anything addressed toward you since my very first
(and quite cordial, I'll add) response to your original 'vibes' posting.
You're welcome to think otherwise; you're also welcome to be wrong.

Your delusions of grandeur, your idea that all the forces of Ecto are
gathering to lay waste to you, is laughable.  Many frequent Ecto contributors
are also frequent L-H contributors.  Is it so odd to think that these folks,
who just *happen* to be Ectophiles, might be annoyed with you for your L-H
spewings.  This conspiracy theory actually suits you quite well.  It's a pity
it has no basis in truth.  I really dig your implication that I xposted
"my" anonymous message to Ecto, where I signed it and then asked everyone
to back me up.  It's so off-the-wall!

I was determined not to post a single flame in this little self-lovefest you've
got going.  I've ignored all the little name-calling jibes (though I'll admit
to a special little thrill when you called me "evil"--usually I only hear that
from homophobes).  I've never particularly found you worthy of wasting much
thought on.  But hey, if you're going to go *this* far over the top...

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka       | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true           |
|SAFH Lite [tm]         |  Time for you to / Be who you are."  --HTR        |