Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: WmRm2, #1 "Synchronise rhythms now..."

From: nessus@media.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1993 23:53:23 GMT
Subject: Re: WmRm2, #1 "Synchronise rhythms now..."
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <C5779z.3EG@chinet.chi.il.us> jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn
Barger) writes:

> But the nature of digital is powers-of-two, and that random toggle may
> add 1 to the amplitude, or 32000.  It's *not analog*!!!

Jorn,

You are ignoring a fundamental aspect of reality -- there is no such
thing in the physical world as "digital" (modulo some quantum effects
that are not relevant to my discussion).  Everything, including the
etchings on CD's are analog.  A CD player may choose to *interpret*
these etching in a digital manner, but the etchings are still analog.

So, every time you listen to a CD it is subtly altered by the read
laser.  Of course, the laser is affected by everything happening in
the room, including your vibes.  Thus, your vibes are etched in some
faint fashion on a CD, every time you listen to it.  Now because of
the digital manner in which the CD player works, these faint vibe
recordings might not make it from the CD to the speakers on subsequent
listenings.  But, of course, this is not necessary.  These faint vibes
don't need to be amplified -- they cause subtle vibrations in the air
around the laser beam.  The vibrations cause the entire CD player to
vibrate subtly with your vibes.  This of course has some effects on
the DAC's in the CD player, subtly altering the sound that is sent to
the speakers.  This effect is not necessary (though it is nice to have
this additional reinforcement) because an individual who is attuned
can clearly and unmistakably sense the vibrations that radiate
directly from the CD player.  In fact, an individual who has trained
him or herself to be very sensitive can feel the vibes by merely
looking at the light reflected off of the CD.

Just open your mind, Jorn, to these vibes, and you will feel them!