Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: WmRm2, #1 "Synchronise rhythms now..."

From: jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 00:12:26 GMT
Subject: Re: WmRm2, #1 "Synchronise rhythms now..."
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

|>oug /\lan  /\/\0|>ul0zzzzz:
> You are ignoring a fundamental aspect of reality

(Yeah, human frailty! ;^)

> [...] there is no such
> thing in the physical world as "digital" (modulo some quantum effects
> that are not relevant to my discussion).

*Modulo* that thought!

> Everything, including the
> etchings on CD's are analog.  A CD player may choose to *interpret*
> these etching in a digital manner, but the etchings are still analog.

Notice how Doug realizes at this point that his argument has evaporated,
and so switches to parodymode...

[elaborate rehearsal of CD mechanism omitted]
> In fact, an individual who has trained
> him or herself to be very sensitive can feel the vibes by merely
> looking at the light reflected off of the CD.

I actually suggested this already, viz Colin Wilson's "The 'Hound Parasites"
(was it?)

Rather than pico-jorns, can we use the considerably more substantial
pico-jeffies?